Senior Investment Analyst
Senior Investment Analyst
Sonen Capital LLC is a specialized impact investment management firm. We are a SEC registered investment adviser that invests on behalf of family offices, high net worth individuals, foundations and endowments, and other institutional organizations for both exceptional financial returns as well as social and environmental impact. Our investment management services are offered via pooled investment funds, which are designed, developed and managed with full discretion by Sonen, as well as separately managed accounts that are fully customized based on individual client impact investment objectives.
We are looking for an experienced investment analyst to join our investment team. This is a unique opportunity for the right professional to join an industry leading organization in a highly entrepreneurial environment, working with some of the most forward-looking clients. This position will report to the Managing Director, Head of Investments and work closely with the entire research team to drive manager research and support management of pooled investment funds and customized managed accounts.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the research team to support all aspects of the investment due diligence process, including participating in and documenting meetings with current and prospective managers and strategies and assisting in the quantitative and qualitative evaluation of these investments.
- Review existing and potential investment opportunities and initiate recommendations for manager selection and/or termination as, appropriate.
- Analyze portfolio characteristics, exposures, and positioning, and prepare well-synthesized written analysis for reporting and discussion purposes.
- Evaluate overall portfolio strategy, asset allocation, and risk management through rigorous analysis and a strong understanding of underlying assets and exposures of the portfolio.
- Coordinate the production of and draft materials for Investment Committee and meetings.
- Research key macroeconomic themes and complete other special projects as required.
- Work with Sonen’s Head of Impact to conduct impact evaluations for fund and client reporting.
- Support client service team to manage relationships (including participation in client calls) and field any investment-related questions from clients.
The successful candidate will be an intellectually curious, self-motivated individual who is analytical, detail-oriented and has excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Four-year degree required in finance, economics or a related field preferred.
- MBA or CFA strongly preferred.
- At least 5 years of institutional investment experience required.
- Experience investing across public and hedged asset classes is required.
- Experience in analyzing and monitoring investments as well as calculating and reporting portfolio exposures, risk factors, and performance systems such as MPI and Bloomberg is required.
- Flexible and able to work within a small team and company environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is determined by a number of factors. We aim to ensure a rewarding mix of compensation options and comprehensive benefits.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN JOINING US PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO CAREERS@SONENCAPITAL.COM